Re: index.html.in

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: index.html.in
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 14:46:47 -0700

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 18:30:49 +0200
"John Mandereau" <address@hidden> wrote:

> 2008/8/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> > - do we list pdfs on this page itself, or on a separate page?  (my
> >  opinion is for a separate page; we want to encourage users to
> > download all pdfs, so that they get the nice cross-references)
>
> I'm not very enthusiast at listing PDFs on a separate page; why do you
> propose this?

Because somebody -- I could have sworn it was you -- didn't like
the idea of a tarball.  That was my first idea.

>  Encouraging users to download PDFs is not a good
> reason, a tarball containing only PDFs is definitely better for this
> purpose.

I agree entirely.

>  You could argue the page is overloaded with PDF links, but
> if we can suppose all users at least have a 1024x768 screen resolution
> I think it's OK.

Err... even if you assume that users have 1024x768 (in a few
months, my only laptop will be 800x480), some users (particularly
me) detest full-screen windows.  Even on my 1280x800 macbook, my
web browser is rarely bigger than 800x600.