Re: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdf andtexi2htm

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdf andtexi2html ("The \override command")
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 18:39:53 +0100

John, you wrote, Tuesday, August 12, 2008 5:21 PM
2008/8/12 Trevor Daniels <address@hidden>:
John, there are lots of refs to this section.  I
can find and change all the ones in the English
docs, but I'm not sure what to do about the
translations.  Advice please.

You can do exactly the same in translations, as node names and
sections titles are still untranslated in Texinfo sources.  I hope you
do these substitutions in an automatic or semi-automatic way: for
isntance, if you can compile docs including IR (getting compiled docs
into out-www subdirectories is enough), I recommend to use my
interactive and semi-automatic tool for checking and fixing xrefs, see
CHECKING CROSS-REFERENCES in Documentation/user/policy.txt.

Unhappily I cannot compile docs in the usual way.  I have to run
lilypond-book and texi2html to check my edits.

Alternatively, you could use regexp substitution with sed, perl,
python or any other tool you're comfortable with -- but in this case
don't forget that some cross-references names are broken across 2
lines !

If this is too much of a hassle for you, just bug me for renaming the
section myself, I'll do this for all languages within 2 minutes :-)

Well, it would certainly take me a lot longer than 2 minutes!  If you
really mean this I'd be very grateful if you could rename NR 5.3.5
"Objects connected to the input"

"The @code{\tweak} command"

Many thanks

John