Re: Docs: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdfand te

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Docs: Using backslashed in node names causes problems with pdfand texi2html ("The \override command")
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 23:37:54 +0100

Reinhold Kainhofer wrote
Unfortunately, with our current way of using @rlearning etc, I don't know any
way to get the links to show backslashes...

The @ref command has a third argument, which controls the displayed text, but
our definitions in macros.texi don't use this third argument.
Unfortunately, using @ref directly is also no option because (1) it breaks
with big-page and (2) if we ever change the names of our manuals, we'll have
to go through all the documentation and the point of using macros.itexi is
made mood.

The only solution I see is to also define two-argument macros similar to
@rlearning and the like, where the second argument gives the displayed text.

Can the second argument be optional?  If so, they could replace
@rlearning etc.

These could then also be used in the "About ....." sections of the LM (see my
other mail "Uses of @ref for xrefs in our docs" to the list).

Cheers,
Reinhold

Trevor