Re: RFC: book parts

From: Joe Neeman
Subject: Re: RFC: book parts
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2008 23:08:31 -0700

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 00:25 +0200, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have taken advantage of this rainy week-end to work on an
> implementation of book parts. I'd like to know whether this draft
> patch qualifies as relatively simple, before going on polishing it.
>
> It introduces a level between book and scores, named bookparts, hence
> the Book_part and Paper_book_part classes. Some functionality of the
> former Paper_book has been moved to Paper_book_part, in particular the
> processing relative to page breaking: page breaking functions deal with
> Paper_book_part instead of Paper_book, but apart from the renaming of
> parameters they have not changed.

I've had a quick look through your patch and it all seems clear and
well-structured. I wonder if it could be made simpler, though, by
allowing Book and Paper_book to be nested arbitrarily (for example, by
allowing their scores_ lists to contain (Paper_)Books in addition to
what they already contain). Then you wouldn't need the extra classes.

If that ends up looking hairy though, then what you already have looks
fine.

Joe