Re: RFC: book parts

From: Nicolas Sceaux
Subject: Re: RFC: book parts
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 20:04:53 +0200

Le 18 août 08 à 08:08, Joe Neeman a écrit :

On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 00:25 +0200, Nicolas Sceaux wrote:
Hi,

I have taken advantage of this rainy week-end to work on an
implementation of book parts. I'd like to know whether this draft
patch qualifies as relatively simple, before going on polishing it.

It introduces a level between book and scores, named bookparts, hence
the Book_part and Paper_book_part classes. Some functionality of the
former Paper_book has been moved to Paper_book_part, in particular the processing relative to page breaking: page breaking functions deal with
Paper_book_part instead of Paper_book, but apart from the renaming of
parameters they have not changed.

I've had a quick look through your patch and it all seems clear and
well-structured. I wonder if it could be made simpler, though, by
allowing Book and Paper_book to be nested arbitrarily (for example, by
allowing their scores_ lists to contain (Paper_)Books in addition to
what they already contain). Then you wouldn't need the extra classes.

Here is a new patch, with the same functionalities as the previous one
but using the nested Book/Paper_book appraoch. Indeed that seems
clearer.

nicolas