Re: Unbound variable: parse-terse-string

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Unbound variable: parse-terse-string
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 09:45:25 +0100

Carl, you wrote Saturday, August 23, 2008 12:11 AM

I have had no problems, so I don't really know what to tell you.  However,
let me give you some thoughts.

1.  Check scm/lily.scm.  Make sure it has scm/predefined-fretboards.scm
listed as one of the files to include, after fret-diagrams.scm

This was the problem - thanks.  I had to copy scm/lily.scm and
scm/harp-pedals.scm from git.  Strange, as scm/lily.scm in
origin/master has had predefined-fretboards.scm in the include
list since 7 Aug, just after 2.11.55-2 was tagged.

Even stranger, after copying it in from git I then deleted the
installation files and reinstalled.  This time it was correct
(apart from scm/harp-pedals which was added after the 2.11.56
GUB).  I had earlier tried re-installing several times but
the problem persisted.

This is either a general problem with Vista, or a problem
local to my particular installation.  It is the third time
something like this has happened.  The common feature seems
to be that an old version of a file seems to be retained
somehow and placed in the new installation.  Something to
watch.

2.  Check  ly/declarations-init.ly.  Make sure that the "\include
predefined-fretboards.ly" line comes at the end of the file.

This was fine.

It may be that the rest of us are using non-prebuilt systems,

I think that is so.  Certainly none of you uses Vista !!

so there's
something in the GUB that doesn't work with the fretboard code.

No - the GUB has always been OK.

Let me know if none of this helps.

Very helpful - thanks.

Carl