Re: Patch for docs (@subsubsection -> @unnumberedsubsubsec, and other br

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: Patch for docs (@subsubsection -> @unnumberedsubsubsec, and other broken links)
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 18:48:39 +0200

On 2008/03/23 12:59 +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Attached is a patch for the current documentation, which fixes most of the
> broken links that linklint found. In most cases, I simply did the same
> changes as in the English version, so that the translated versions are the
> smae as the English version.

Wow, what a huge work!  This is very cool, I'll be able to look at
makefiles issues much sooner than expected.

> As you can see, there are now hardly any broken links any more:
> - -) The broken links to -big-page.es.html are due to the fact that no big
> pages
> are built for Spanisch NR, IR, etc. The links will work on the server though,
> due to language auto-negotiation.

Oops, I forgot about this, I'll add another hack to postprocess_html.py.

> - -) Melisma_translator does not appear in the IR. In the English NR, that
> link
> is removed, but I wasn't sure if it should really be, so I left the
> @rinternals{Melisma_translator} in the translations.

I hope that if one translator, context or property doesn't appear in the
IR, it means it doesn't exist in LilyPond.

> Note that I simply did those replacements manually in the files, I did not
> use
> any of the provided tools for handling translations, so maybe my changes are
> interfering with those makefile target and scripts?

You made changes to remove broken links in HTML output, which is a very
good thing; the xrefs checking script (which also works for English
docs) only ensures that all cross-references in each language are
correct, which doesn't prevent broken links in HTML output.

> Okay to apply the patch to master or lilypond/translation?

Pushed to both.  Could you please push future documentation fixes
directly to master?  This will surely make next releases have less
broken links, even if we don't quickly switch to texi2html on master
because we're waiting for texi2html release :-P

Thanks,
John