Re: small caps

From: Till Rettig
Subject: Re: small caps
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 2008 00:24:58 +0200

address@hidden schrieb:
On Sat, Dec 6, 2008, Till Rettig <address@hidden> said:

 (I guess you were just suggesting this in the second part of the message)

I make fonts and understand understand the issue of line weight, 40%
reduced majiscules differ from proper smallcaps.

The workaround is needed for when there are no smallcaps in the font, not
all comercial fonts supply them.  Yes, we should do better, and probably
can, might need OS-specific help to determine if the glyphs are in the
font.

Thanks I know. Actually I just discovered that Century Schoolbook is to blame: indeed it doesn't include small caps. Didn't check how pango/lilypond handles a font that includes them.

Till