Re: Diatonic notation system

From: Hans Aberg
Subject: Re: Diatonic notation system
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 13:01:10 +0100

On 10 Dec 2008, at 12:47, Graham Breed wrote:

I did it for E53 - it did not work. I attach a file.

No you didn't.  You did something else in E53 and that didn't work.
There are still no transpositions.  There are some attempts to get the
MIDI output to work.  Did it?  It looks like you're on the right
track.

I wouldn't expect transpositions to work with this file because you've
defined your flat according to an equal temperament -- exactly what I
told you not to do.

E53 is an ET.

You've also specified fine tunings and not
included them in the accidental lookup table so I wouldn't expect
printed output to work even without the transpositions.  Maybe these
problems can be fixed but it will still mean different init files for
printing and MIDI.

Define the flat as a half step (-1/2) and the other accidentals
relative to it.  Then transpositions might work.

That is already done in the Turkish files. And I do not thing transpositions will work when pushed over an m, get of by an 1/18 of an M.

Let's leave this topic.

  Hans