Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: GOP pre-planning: Frog bugfixing
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 22:00:41 +0100

2008/12/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:

> No, I'm not "missing" it.  Adding support for accordions or
> rewriting the slur code to avoid collisions between phrasing and
> normal slurs will take hours and hours, even for experienced
> developers.  Fixing a "programming error" warning when the
> lilypond output is already perfect would only take a knowledgeable
> person a few minutes.

Don't worry, I'm not suggesting to replace your Frogs with mine :-)

Both sides are equally important, because it's the feature count that
makes users *and devs* stick with Lily.

> Once somebody has been doing small bugfixes for a few weeks,
> they'll naturally start taking on bigger and bigger things.  The
> idea behind the Frogs is to get more people doing those small
> bugfixes.  The other stuff will take care of itself.

Nothing takes care of itself. You taught me that :)

> Umm, like this?
> http://code.google.com/p/lilypond/issues/list?q=label:Bounty

Nope, more like Jonathan's one (he's very clearly expressed why I
think this should work big time). And in a visible place.

Cheers,
Valentin