Re: Lilypond problems

From: Dan Eble
Subject: Re: Lilypond problems
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 19:56:58 -0500

I have a hymnal that uses a single thick bar line at a mid-measure line break that coincides with the end of a line of the poem.

It uses a double thick bar line at the end of a song.

Its repeat signs are four dots and a thick line (or two thick lines at the end of a song). A bidirectional repeat sign has only one thick line. A repeat sign at the beginning of a line is just four dots following the clef, without any line.

But getting back to the question, how's this?

  \version "2.11.1"

  thickBar =
    \once \override Staff.BarLine #'hair-thickness = #6.0 \bar "|"

  \score
  {
    \relative a' { a1 \thickBar a1 | a1 \bar "|." }
  }

I do like the idea of being able to produce a thick bar line with some other string than "|", because in the case of this hymnal, it doesn't just look different than a normal bar line, it means something different.

Regards,
--
Dan