Re: GOP: new website

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: GOP: new website
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 10:03:20 -0800

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 05:02:01PM +0100, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2008/12/26 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
>
> > #4 seems good to me.  No need to make the website in pdf form.
>
> If I may add my 2 geeky cents, if we used a PHP-based content
> management system,

PHP... that's the scripting language that has two security flaws
each week?  ;)

> That being said, I have the feeling that CMS are not really
> appreciated among the LilyPond crew...

Well, I haven't looked at them.  If you can recommend one --
especially if you have personal experience with it, both in html
and pdf, and are willing to be somewhat on the hook if it doesn't
work -- then I'm certainly willing to consider it.

That goes for anybody else; for example, if Patrick uses Mambo to
create the Library of Congress web pages in his day job and thinks
it would be good for us, I definitely think we should consider it.