Re: GOP: new website

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: GOP: new website
Date: Fri, 26 Dec 2008 11:16:34 -0800

On Fri, Dec 26, 2008 at 8:02 AM, Valentin Villenave
<address@hidden> wrote:
> 2008/12/26 Carl Sorensen <address@hidden>:
>
>> #4 seems good to me.  No need to make the website in pdf form.
>
> If I may add my 2 geeky cents, if we used a PHP-based content
> management system, we could easily offer a PDF version of the website
> for download, through an existing plugin (there are PDF plugins for
> Drupal, for SPIP, for Wordpress etc).
>
> That being said, I have the feeling that CMS are not really
> appreciated among the LilyPond crew...

I am okay with using a CMS.  It's just that I've never used one
before, so I don't know what our options are.

IMO, it would be very nice to have the essay in PDF format (with good
pagination).  So I think we should use texinfo/texi2html at least for
the essay.

-Patrick