Re: About Learning Manual

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: About Learning Manual
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 14:23:24 +0100

On 2009/01/05 12:31 +0000, Sawada, Yoshiki wrote:
> Then, I did as following:
> ./autogen.sh
> ./configure
> make
> make install

You needn't install LilyPond to work on translations, but it is very
good you can build it.  Have you tried "make web"?  See Application
Usage -> Install -> Compiling from source -> Building documentation for
details.

> Because I do not have langdefs.py in buildscripts,

Where did you read you should have langdefs.py in buildscripts/?  It was
moved to python/ months ago, and I did update documentation bits:

"""
commit 591dcd1740655062b541f2ca273147882bea3f9d
Author: John Mandereau <address@hidden>
Date:   Sat May 24 09:48:38 2008 +0200

    Update TRANSLATION
"""

>  I copyed
> http://lilypond.sourcearchive.com/documentation/2.10.33-2ubuntu1/langdefs_8py-source.html
> to buildscripts. Then I added the line into langdefs.py:
> ja = LanguageDef ('ja', 'Japanese')
> and changed:
> LANGUAGES = (site, fr)
> to:
> LANGUAGES = (site, ja)

This is a very old version of langdefs.py, which can't work with current
makefiles and other Python scripts.

> But, when I do:
> make ISOLANG=ja new-lang
> in Documentation, it says:

Cd into Documentation/, save anything precious in ja/, then do

rm -rf ja
make ISOLANG=ja new-lang

and only then update python/langdefs.py.

Good luck,
John