Re: copyright year update script issue

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: copyright year update script issue
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 2009 10:09:26 +0100

Op woensdag 07-01-2009 om 06:13 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Werner
LEMBERG:

> can you add a list of exceptions to your copyright year update script?
> Some files like the mf2pt1 stuff are contributed and should stay
> as-is.

Why is this necessary?  I think the whole copyright header is nonsense,
as everything is automatically copyrighted by the author unless she
adds a header stating otherwise; this is why we don't follow the GNU
advise of 1996,1997,1998... etc but simply do 1996--2009

I thought that every year the software was released inneeds
to be added to the (c) list, and as we release lilypond every year.
Possibly an extra condition is that it has been changed since
the last year it had been published, but do we really want to
check that, and why?

>   I've fixed that manually in the git

I'm not sure we really want different years than --2009, Han-Wen?