Re: copyright year update script issue

From: Jan Nieuwenhuizen
Subject: Re: copyright year update script issue
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 12:09:12 +0100

Op donderdag 08-01-2009 om 00:50 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Francisco
Vila:
> ~$ lilypond -v
> GNU LilyPond 2.12.1
>
> Copyright (c) 1996--2008 by
>   Han-Wen Nienhuys <address@hidden>
>   Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden>
>   and others.
>
> This is done in main.cc, I once changed it manually and it is now
> outdated again,

That's because it just turned 2009!

>  is this automatically updated by other means?

Short answer: Try git pull ;-)

Long answer: there is a copyright year in almost every file.  Because
people started changing copyright years in an ad-hoc fasion here and
there, I put my naive every-file update commands in a script called
grand-replace.sh.  And executed the script.  That's what Werner was
complaining about^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H noticing, sort of.

Greetings,
Jan.