Re: ideas for Google Summer of Code

From: Anne Ghisla
Subject: Re: ideas for Google Summer of Code
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 17:19:48 +0100

Johannes Schindelin ha scritto:

(unfortunately, no I don't have time to mentor.)

But that probably means a no-go for any Lilypond project.

Why? Are there no other mentor candidates except Han-Wen? I can say that I'm quite independent :) and the students are allowed to consult the developers' community in any moment. The code must be written by the student, anyway.

About the size of the project, it is in fact a 3-month job. Therefore the goal has to be proportional :) For SoC, most organisations fill a list of possible projects. These are coming up in this thread, why not grouping them in a page on the website?

P.S.: are you sure you will not have much more time the next 6 monts? ;-)

;) too!

hope to read positive responses!

regards,

Anne