Re: Distribution updates and documentation woes

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Distribution updates and documentation woes
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 20:41:02 +0100

On 15.01.2009 (16:43), Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After 2.12 I decided to do my small round checking of distributions
> again (should we add something like this to release tasks?).
>
> Fedora already has 2.12 (yay!), while Debian and Ubuntu already had 2.12
> wishlist bugs filed (great!), but none of the major distributions
> manages to provide proper images in the Info docs.  Time for action!

Arch has 2.12.0 in community and both 2.12.1 and the latest git in ABS.
Re. the doc woes, the Arch is to discard any documentation other than man
pages, so problem solved :)

Eyolf

--
"Arthur yawed wildly as his skin tried to jump one way and
his skeleton the other, whilst his brain tried to work out

- Arthur discovering who had diverted him from going to a party.