Re: Enabling item-interface

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: Enabling item-interface
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 21:20:55 -0800

Hi Carl,

I'm not really sure what to suggest, but I can point out a couple of
things.

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 09:05:29PM -0700, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> I've added the item-interface to the fretboard grob:
>
>    (FretBoard
>      . ((stencil . ,fret-board::calc-stencil)
>         (fret-diagram-details . ((finger-code . below-string)))
>         (meta . ((class . Item)
>                  (interfaces . (fret-diagram-interface
>                                 rhythmic-grob-interface
>                                 item-interface
>                                 font-interface))))))

You don't need to add item-interface because it is added automatically
to any grob with (class . Item).  FretBoard is an Item, so this is
taken care of.

> Can anybody suggest what else I need to do to enable
> "begin-of-line-visible" with FretBoards?

I don't think this is possible because FretBoard grobs are only placed
in the *middle* of a line, not at the beginning or end.

So, `begin-of-line-visible' will always make FretBoards invisible.

-Patrick