Re: Enabling item-interface

From: Carl D. Sorensen
Subject: Re: Enabling item-interface
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 07:01:30 -0700

On 3/2/09 10:20 PM, "Patrick McCarty" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Carl,
>
> I'm not really sure what to suggest, but I can point out a couple of
> things.
>
> On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 09:05:29PM -0700, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:
>>
>> I've added the item-interface to the fretboard grob:
>>
>>    (FretBoard
>>      . ((stencil . ,fret-board::calc-stencil)
>>         (fret-diagram-details . ((finger-code . below-string)))
>>         (meta . ((class . Item)
>>                  (interfaces . (fret-diagram-interface
>>                                 rhythmic-grob-interface
>>                                 item-interface
>>                                 font-interface))))))
>
> You don't need to add item-interface because it is added automatically
> to any grob with (class . Item).  FretBoard is an Item, so this is
> taken care of.

Thanks, Patrick!  I hadn't caught that.  I didn't start with item-interface
as one of the interfaces, but  I put it in explicitly when things aren't
working.

>> Can anybody suggest what else I need to do to enable
>> "begin-of-line-visible" with FretBoards?
>
> I don't think this is possible because FretBoard grobs are only placed
> in the *middle* of a line, not at the beginning or end.
>
> So, `begin-of-line-visible' will always make FretBoards invisible.

ChordNames and FretBoards both appear at the same places on the line, and
this begin-of-line-visible property is what is used to make repeated
ChordNames invisible except at the beginning of a line.

As Joe Neeman pointed out in a later email, the property is
begin-of-line-invisible, not break-visibility, which is something I
overlooked before (since break-visibility has a possible value
begin-of-line-invisible).  So I'll figure out how the
begin-of-line-invisible property works.

Thanks,

Carl