Re: lilypond.pdf size?

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: lilypond.pdf size?
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 12:15:05 +0100

2009/3/3 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
> The TODO list for the website redesign already includes removing
> the pdf links from the main doc page and making it a tarball
> instead.

How would this decrease the bandwidth requirements? It'll rather
increase it, because for a given person there are many unwanted pdf
files in the tarball (And wanted by others)

> ... actually, that's a thought -- what's the 13-meg pdf like once
> it's compressed?  I would expect it to compress fairly well.

Current is 15Mb uncompressed, 9,5Mb ZIP compressed, 8,9Mb bz2 compressed.

It includes Appendix B12 All Context Properties and B13 Layout Properties.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)

The incredible carnival of Badajoz
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pacovila/tags/carnaval/show/