Re: an LM update

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: an LM update
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 16:16:55 -0000

James, your wrote Tuesday, March 24, 2009 2:27 PM

Leave it to me to take something easy and make it difficult. So, I
had a conflict. I thought I resolved it, but now tutorial.itely looks funny. I don't know how to get back to just having the normal files without any changes that I've made, and I don't know if the conflict
is resolved properly, but here's my next attempt.

This isn't right.  It looks like you've edited the version of
tutorial.itely that you sent the last time, rather than the one
you should have pulled from origin/master, which has the
fix-ups I added.  That's why you had a conflict when you tried
to commit it.

Did you do a pull before starting the edit to get the latest
version of tutorial.itely?  If so, did you reload the file into
your editor?  These seem the two likely possibilities.

Have you come across git gui and gitk yet?  If not, this is a good
time to play with them.  There's an intro to them in CG 1.5.
Yes, I know this is git for Windows, but git gui and gitk work on
other systems too.  They make it far easier to visualise what is
happening, especially when you need to reset a branch, as I
think this is will be the easiest way to remove your incorrect
file.

Keep asking questions if you need to.

Trevor