Re: LSR 2.12

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LSR 2.12
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 19:43:03 +0800

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 12:10:27PM -0600, Carl D. Sorensen wrote:

> On 5/19/09 9:32 AM, "Valentin Villenave" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > He asked about the snippet conversion thingy status. As I feared, the
> > http://lsr-update.lilynet.net/ is not active but it could change :)

Umm.  Yet another web interface?

> > He pointed out that snippets which will not compile with the new
> > LilyPond will simply not appear anymore and probably go forgotten.

We could compile everything in the tarball and check for any error
messsages; that would identify any problem ones.

> Jon Kulp has updated all the snippets for 2.12.  They are ready to go
> whenever Sebastiano is ready to go.

Yes.

Just in case there's any doubt:
- Valentin is responsible for getting LSR to 2.10.12.
- For technical stuff, he obviously asks Sebastiano.
- For any manual updating, he posts a message here, since we have
  at least three people willing to do that manual work.

In short, there's no excuse to not have this done within two
weeks.  Get this bloody thing over with.

PS: take notes on what you did, because in two or three months,
you'll go through the same thing with 2.14.  No, we don't want you
delay until after that; we want to test the upgrading stuff, see
what works, and write docs about the process.  The 2.14 LSR
upgrade should be done according to those docs, so we'll find out
what we forgot to write down.  Assume that the 2.16 upgrade will
be done by a completely other person with no knowledge of the
process other than those docs.