Re: LSR 2.12

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: LSR 2.12
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:56:15 +0800

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 11:36:55AM +0200, Valentin Villenave wrote:
> 2009/5/25 Jonathan Kulp <address@hidden>:
> > Valentin, the tarball is ready and will be coming in a private email.
>
> Mats has changed a couple of snippets since you sent me the tarball.
> What do we do about it? (I'm afraid we'll have to take the LSR offline
> until it's updated, to make sure nothing gets lost in the process.)

What you do about it is use your own best judgement and get the
bloody thing finished.  OBVIOUSLY Mats is completely incompetent,
so ignore anything he sent you and take Jonathan's complete
tarball.

Alternately, if you think he just /might/ know what he's doing,
then compare the snippets and go with whatever you think is best.
Then add them back to the tarball, and send it to Sebastiano.

Or maybe ignore them for now, dump the complete tarball in the new
LSR, then update the snippets that Mats sent you manually.

And fine, take LSR offline.  For a maoing week.  Just get it done!

What precisely was the question here?  You're in charge of this
project, but if you keep on asking about every maoing step, the
job will take, oh, 5 months.  Sometimes you need to just make a
decision by yourself.  If you're right, people thank you for a job
well done.  If you're wrong, then people complain at you, and you
explain why you chose what you did.  It's like a game; you gain or
lose reputation by how successful your decisions are.  Of course,
deciding not to make any decisions is *itself* a decision... and
one which doesn't precisely add to your glory.