Re: mergin web/ with master/

From: Jonathan Kulp
Subject: Re: mergin web/ with master/
Date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 14:05:54 -0500

Graham Percival wrote:
On Sat, Jun 06, 2009 at 01:34:42PM +0200, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:
Op zaterdag 06-06-2009 om 03:14 uur [tijdzone -0700], schreef Graham
Percival:

What is it that bothers you tracking an additional repo?
To be up-to-date, I need to do a "git pull origin"
You should only need

   git pull -r

please *do* use -r, otherwise our repo is full of silly "Merged brange
foo from .."

*sigh*

Ah, is this why a "git status" report tells me I'm like 78 commits ahead of master? I just tried git pull -r and it worked well although something in "Documentation/po/es.po" caused a merge conflict.

Perfect example: Jonathan.  He's currently the main "small doc
fix" guy, but he doesn't have newweb/ and never has, so any fixes
to the website waits for other people to do.
Okay, I see.  Well, we agree that the current setup is really
bad.  I suppose Jonathan could be taught how to handle a separate
lilypond-web repo?

I wasn't really paying much attention to this thread but then I saw my name. :) If you need small fixes to the web stuff I could probably handle that. I actually had the web code at one point but then I reinstalled my OS and haven't pulled it again. Hard drive space is not at a premium so I don't mind pulling more code if it would help the cause. I don't have great html skills but I know enough to go in and fix typos, broken links, and the like.

Jon

--
Jonathan Kulp
http://www.jonathankulp.com