Re: kainhofer docs not updating

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: kainhofer docs not updating
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 2009 08:19:31 +0100

Graham Percival wrote Saturday, September 05, 2009 12:43 AM

On Sat, Sep 05, 2009 at 12:35:06AM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
Am Samstag, 5. September 2009 00:12:44 schrieb Trevor Daniels:
> Reinhold Kainhofer wrote Friday, September 04, 2009 10:51 PM
> > It seems that the NR was really last compiled on September 1.
> > The dependencies are all listed in out-www/notation.dep...
>
> It was the NR I looked at.  I've pushed several changes
> since 1 Sep for Joseph Wakeling:

For Trevor: the only way *you* can "touch" a file is by making a
git change to it.  So if you really wanted to make the NR rebuilt,
you'd have to push a nonsense patch (i.e. adding/subtracting one
blank line) to notation.tely.

Thanks Graham.  I'll do that as necessary to
let doc writers see their changes in context.

And thanks to you and Reinhold for instigating
a rebuild - it's updated now.

But the NR was not built, even though the dependencies were
changed. Something seems to be broken with the build system...

Yes; it's been this way for about a month now.  It was previously
discussed on -devel, although there's no much point searching for
those emails.

Sorry - I didn't mean to bug you.  The server
has occasionally failed to update before and
Reinhold fixed it after being notified; I
thought it might have broken again.

Trevor