Re: defining make vars

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: defining make vars
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 10:44:28 +0200

Le mercredi 16 septembre 2009 à 07:12 +0100, Graham Percival a écrit :
> Building general.texi is enabled by default.

We might misunderstand each other.  The online target is made of all
docs built in a way to be put on a web site with automatic language
selection, whereas the offline target is for offline browsing with docs
installed on your local system.  This would be completely orthogonal
with generating (or not) general.texi if we didn't have to take care
about not mentioning two branches in the offline incarnation of the web
site (general.texi).

> Since you and Carl are working on waf at the moment, and I'm
> mainly working on GUB (once the university building is unlocked in
> 50 minutes), I went ahead with the hacky version.  Once waf is
> done, by all means we can make it more graceful (including
> whatever you meant by "web target is disabled by default").

I won't judge the quality of autoconf/make-based system as long as it
builds correctly from a clean tree.  Please try not to do too dirty
things, though, for the comfort of the release manager :-D

Cheers,
John