Re: weird German error

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: weird German error
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 23:49:20 +0100

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 06:26:08PM +0200, David Kastrup wrote:
> Graham Percival <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > l.2850 \entry {\code \"
> >                        Uber die Nicht-Schachtelung von Klammern und
> > Bindeb\"...
>
> It would appear that \code takes an argument, so the usual usage would
> be \code{...}.  In the absence of explicit braces, the next token is
> digested.  This gets turned into
> \code{\"}Uber die Nicht-...
> effectively, and the \" finds nothing to apply to.

But why is makinfo generating invalid texinfo for itself?  This
file is part of the automatically-generated index.

As a related question, was this caused by the application->usage
renaming?  I can't think of any reason why that could happen...
was this broken all along, but (for some reason) it just never
stopped the build before?

I'll be spending tomorrow on more GUB stuff, so if somebody could
look into this in more detail, that would be great.
(unless Patrick's recent modifications to python/auxiliar and
stepmake/stepmake fixes this!)