Re: CG addition about Git pulling

From: Mark Polesky
Subject: Re: CG addition about Git pulling
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 00:21:06 -0800 (PST)

Graham Percival wrote:
> Could we get the new introduction chapter added?  I've
> been wanting to add the info about lilypond mentors for a
> while, but I don't want to add a new chapter filled with
> stubs if you're going to add the same new chapter filled
> with real sections.

For the moment I'm just working on the Git stuff (as you
suggested).  I don't imagine the mentor stuff will conflict
too much with my current work.  If you think it might, you
can send me a patchlet with your ideas so I know what you're
envisioning.

> I think everybody liked the idea of the intro chapter,
> even if there's slight uncertainty over one section of it
> (i.e.  lily-git).  Let's get the part(s) that everybody
> agrees with done.

Okay, I've attached a patch that adds an intro.  Still
unfinished but perhaps it's worth adding as it is.  I've
also started a `Git commands for developers' node, though I
don't yet know where to put it.  Would this be better to
post on Rietveld?  It seemed small enough for the mailing
list.  Let me know.  Comments appreciated.

- Mark