Re: CG addition about Git pulling

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: CG addition about Git pulling
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:25:11 +0000

On Fri, Jan 08, 2010 at 10:15:18AM -0800, Mark Polesky wrote:
> Graham Percival wrote:
> > I'm not happy with the current layout in having it as a
> > node.  If we have it at all, I'd suggest a small bit at
> > the top of the "for other contributors" section.  Mark,
> > what do you think about this patch?
>
> I think it's better; what about you, Trevor?
>
> Some other thoughts:
>
> 1) Do we really need intro fluff before every chapter TOC?

Why not?  The doc policy says that we should, and it doesn't take
a lot of thought to make up a sentence there.  Certainly in most
cases, the contents of the chapter are obvious from the two or
three-word title, but some chapters benefit from having an
explanation of their contents.  And if we do it for some, I'd
rather do it for all.

> 2) I don't like the word "Summary", but we've already used
>    "Introduction" and "Overview", both of which are better
>    words for what that section really is.  Off the top of
>    my head, I can't think of anything else though.

I paused over this, too, but I couldn't come up with anything
else.  We can't re-use "introduction", but maybe "overview of
tasks" should be renamed "help us" (I mean, that matches the
material on the website, so I'd argue for this regardless of the
naming of the Summary section).

1 Introduction
1.1 Help us
1.2 Overview of work process / Overview of contribution / Overview
to development
1.3 Mentors
1.4 lily-git (maybe -- have you decided one way or the other?)