Fwd: Re: [Texi2html-bug] Converting texinfo comments to HTML comments

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Fwd: Re: [Texi2html-bug] Converting texinfo comments to HTML comments
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 01:45:49 +0100

Datum: Montag, 11. Januar 2010
Von: Patrice Dumas <address@hidden>
An: address@hidden

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 01:05:53AM +0200, Reinhold Kainhofer wrote:
> Hi Patrice,
> In our lilypond docs, we have several texinfo comments, most notably the git
> revision of the texinfo document, which would make sense to be converted
into
> html comments (so that we can e.g. determine from which revision a document
> was compiled, which is particularly useful for translators).
>
> I've taken a quick look at the texi2html code, but I couldn't find the spot
> where @c lines are ignored.
>
> Can you think of an easy way to convert texinfo comments into html comments?

The simple way is to redefine misc_command_line. If I recall well, this
is only present in the cvs version, in the previous version the api was
more complicated.

> PS: Sometimes it might even make sense to convert @address@hidden ignore
blocks
> to html comments. Is there a way for this, too? (Actually, our git revisions
> are currently inside an @ignore block, so if it's not possible to convert
> ignore blocks to comments, then we'll have to change a lot of files...)

I have added an init file in test/layout/ignore_and_comments_output.init
that put @c and @comment lines in comments and also @ignore blocks.

Maybe this could be in the maintained_extras stuff, since in xml and
docbook the @c and @comment lines are already output as comments.

--
Pat

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886