Re: (bug?) irregular lyrics distance in 2.13.10

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: (bug?) irregular lyrics distance in 2.13.10
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 12:32:25 +0100

Am Samstag, 16. Januar 2010 08:56:43 schrieben Sie:
> >> #'minimum-distance = #3.2
> >
> > ... and for everyone who is just as lazy as I am: Attached is a
> > sample file so that you don't have to try to create a minimal
> > example yourself...
>
> Thanks.  IMHO the distance between lyrics lines is slightly too big.

Here's a file with all different spacings from 2.0 to 4.0...

Looking at some scores with two lyrics lines (mostly oratorios with two
different language), I would tend to choose 2.8 or 3.0.

There are some other issues I notice with the layout:

1) For my taste the piece names are too close to the previous score (and too
far away from the one they are attached to).

2) The distance between the last lyrics line to the next staff is not constant
throughout the page! It seems largest at the top of the page and decreases
towards the end of the  page. I don't think this has to do with the minimum-
distance, as also the distance of the lyrics to the staff above decreases,
althouth not as much.

3) The distance between the last lyrics and the tagline is way too small...

Cheers,
Reinhold

 * http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886