Re: [frogs] CG Feedback

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: [frogs] CG Feedback
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 17:08:28 +0000

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 06:19:08PM -0700, Carl Sorensen wrote:

> On 1/16/10 11:14 AM, "address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > When building LilyPond I was confused that the general build
> > instructions (3.1.3) were different from the instructions for building
> > on a Virtual Machine (3.3),  in particular that there is no ./configure
> > after the ./autogen.sh - in the end I assumed that it should have been
> > there and ran the configure script anyway.
>
> I think that ./autogen.sh will automatically run configure, so that it's not
> necessary to run ./configure after you do ./autogen.sh.

This is correct; ./configure is not needed right after ./autogen.sh

That said, I'm not certain if the Virtual Machine section should
have the compiling commands.  My first instinct would be to have
the download + virtualbox instructions... possibly even in chapter
1 or 2, or possibly in the Requirements section of chapter 3...
and then to direct people to the normal compiling instructions.

A proper job of this stuff would be 5-10 hours, though.