Re: Doc: LM: Reformat ly code. (issue1056041)

From: tdanielsmusic
Subject: Re: Doc: LM: Reformat ly code. (issue1056041)
Date: Thu, 06 May 2010 08:48:46 +0000

Mark
I've not examined every change in detail, but I think I've picked out
all the ones I wanted to comment on.
Trevor

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25001
File Documentation/learning/common-notation.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25001#newcode1359
Documentation/learning/common-notation.itely:1359: }
I agree with Carl and Graham - it looked better as it was originally, on
single lines.  It is a scale, not barred music, although I've no problem
with the bar checks.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25002
File Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25002#newcode1255
Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely:1255: }
I think this is one case where the final bar check should be added.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25002#newcode1349
Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely:1349: We end with an example to
show how we might code a solo verse which
I put this in after several questions on -user about how this should be
done, but I wasn't very happy with it.  If you can come up with a better
way of coding a solo verse going into a two-part refain let's change it.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25002#newcode1702
Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely:1702: \key g \minor
Since we placed \clef "treble" in the LM I don't remember any questions
on -user about G_8 failing.  We're adding many superfluous braces,
quotes round variable names, etc, why leave these out?  But if the
quotes are to be removed we need to add a remark somewhere about them
being required sometimes.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25002#newcode3163
Documentation/learning/fundamental.itely:3163: }
There's no point in fiddling with this example - it needs replacing.

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25004
File Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely (right):

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25004#newcode1651
Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely:1651: c2^"Text3" c^"Text4" |
I think in this case the original layout illustrated the point more
clearly

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25004#newcode2131
Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely:2131: c2^"Text3" c^"Text4" |
Ditto

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/diff/24001/25004#newcode2159
Documentation/learning/tweaks.itely:2159: c2^"Text3" c^"Text4" |
Ditto

http://codereview.appspot.com/1056041/show