Re: Files for the first phase of Czech translation of documentation

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: Files for the first phase of Czech translation of documentation
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:28:47 +0200

http://lists.lilynet.net/translations/

> I have one question. There are lines with:
>

> @ref{Textový vstup}
> @unnumberedsec Textový vstup
> @translationof Text input
>
> and on other place:
>
> @ref{Textovém vstupu}
>
> "Text input" in braces is in the first case translated in the nominative (1.
> pád), but in the second case in ablative or say locative (6. pád)
>
> Does it matter? This "problem" - difference between text strings in braces is
> only on some places, not all. The solution would be somehow change the syntax
> of statement, or force nominative, even if the beauty of language would
> suffer.

I'm afraid I don't catch the problem.  Is there any obstacle to put
the best possible translation in every case?  You are in charge of
your language.  We trust you.  Just don't forget to make all links
work even when some strings may be different.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com