Re: chord naming

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: chord naming
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 08:47:44 -0600

On 10/22/10 5:08 AM, "Janek Warchoł" <address@hidden>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm from Poland and we use here a different chord naming convention: the main
> difference is that minor chords are written with lowercase and major chords
> are written with uppercase. I'd like to add this to Lily.

I believe this has already been added to the current development version.

> I found .ly files with alternative note names (used in other languages) in
> \LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\ly and hoped that adding another chord
> naming style would be similar to adding another file with note names.

It required some different changes.  For information on what changed, you
can see

<http://git.savannah.gnu.org/gitweb/?p=lilypond.git;a=commitdiff;h=da543594a
4b5a27ee97f3b94a8e44c9762bb7c6f>

> Unfortunately all i found is four .scm files in
> \LilyPond\usr\share\lilypond\current\scm, but i'm not sure what should i do
> with them (i have only basic C and Pascal skills) especially because i cannot
> experiment on them (system prohibits modifying them).

If you install LilyPond for just you, then you will have write access to all
of the files.

> Can you give me some
> instructions? Or is it too complicated and it would be wasting your time?

The best place to go for instructions is the Contributors' Guide, chapter 9.

HTH,

Carl