Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now?

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 00:03:12 -0700

On Sat, Oct 23, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> We're about 10-20 hours of work away from having 0 Critical
> issues.  On one hand, that sounds great; we're almost there!  On
> the other hand, we've been in this state for the past month.  I'm
> not seeing a lot of excitement and work towards 2.14.

IMO, we should try to release 2.14 before starting GOP, primarily
because there hasn't been a stable release in 9 months; we're not
currently making any more 2.12 bug/build-fix releases, and I think
most users that have tried the latest 2.13 releases would agree that
it's close to stable.

Regarding critical issues, the only one that is within grasping
distance (for me) is #1336, but I don't have any strong leads yet.

Thanks,
Patrick