Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now?

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: 2.14 release, or GOP now?
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 10:14:50 +0100

On Sun, Oct 24, 2010 at 05:17:26PM -0700, Joe Neeman wrote:
>    Ok, I get the hint.

Actually, that wasn't my hint -- don't feel that you have to work
on any of this.  This is a volunteer project, and you have your
own life.  We really appreciate any programming and patch
reviewing that you do, but at some point, other people will need
to start modifying the spacing code.

> I can tweak the defaults so that 1285 looks nicer, but I'm not
> sure that it's really critical any more (basically, the
> height-estimation routines in 2.13 are more accurate and so the
> spacing routine is capable of doing tighter spacing than it was
> in 2.12).

Similar to my comment on 1290, I still think it's a Critical
issue.  But quite possibly not a "programming" issue at all, so
maybe you should sit back and relax, and let other people play
with constants and/or write docs.  :)

Please bear this in mind with any Critical regression issue -- if
you think that the code is fine, and it's just a question of
tweaking default values and/or explaining the change, just say so.