Re: Remove arabic.ly from common note name languages. (issue2755041)

From: percival . music . ca
Subject: Re: Remove arabic.ly from common note name languages. (issue2755041)
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 06:58:03 +0000

On 2010/10/26 22:13:26, Valentin Villenave wrote:
Since I have both of your approvals, I am pushing the patch now.
Thanks!

I have reverted this commit.

You put something up for review for 83 minutes, you don't wait for
approval from the Documentation Editor -- and you *know* that I want to
review doc patches on this topic.  Are you *trying* to sabotage the 2.14
release process?!  You know why we didn't have 2.14 out in 2009?  It's
because we had a whole bunch of commits which didn't receive proper
attention, regtests were broken and nobody noticed, and generally we
accumulated a huge "bug debt" that we're now almost finished "paying
off".

Calm the bloody mao down.  Doc patches _do_ get approved.  James Lowe
has been steadily cleaning up broken documentation; his patches
sometimes take a week and 3-4 versions (notwithstanding when I push one
by accident), but he gets stuff done.  Pushing a half-baked patch after
only waiting 83 minutes for comments is *not* being fair to him and all
the hard work he's been doing.

I'm sorry I was asleep when you sent the patch and didn't comment
earlier, but we cannot rely on developers being awake and working on
lilypond all the time.  For your next patch, please wait at least 24
hours before pushing, regardless of how positive the reviews are.

http://codereview.appspot.com/2755041/