Re: http://codereview.appspot.com/3667041

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: http://codereview.appspot.com/3667041
Date: Fri, 4 Feb 2011 07:31:11 -0700

On 2/4/11 6:21 AM, "James Lowe" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to continue work on this patch because there is a lot of good
> stuff here, but it does still require a fair amount of editing down, but
> of course I cannot upload changes because I don't own the issue.
>
> So I'd like to create a new issue with these changes + my own edits
> incorporated, but in smaller chunks so it is easier to review for
> everyone.
>
> Is that ok?

As far as I can see, we have no policy for "forking" a patch set.
Since no work has been done on this recently, and I think it's a really
important addition that would be great to have in the 2.14 release, I'd say
go ahead.

I think that for purposes of giving credit where it's due, it would be nice
to see if you can apply it in two patches -- one that has Mark's stuff, and
the other that has yours.  If you're going to use his examples, maybe you
could create a patch with his examples and no changes to the text and then a
patch with your changes to the text.

Thanks,

Carl