Re: compiling error with 'unknown' directory 'cs'

From: Francisco Vila
Subject: Re: compiling error with 'unknown' directory 'cs'
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:17:43 +0100

2011/2/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>> >I did also did a make clean ; make doc-clean and (even re-run configure)
>> >then started again, left it run overnight and it still failed..
>
> Words of wisdom: don't ever try
>  make clean
>  make doc-clean
>
> it's a complete waste of time.  If you ever suspect that "make
> clean" might help, then just save yourself the agony and nuke your
> build/ dir and start from fresh.

I do not "make clean; make doc-clean" but rather "make clean &&
./autogen.sh && make && make doc-clean && make doc".   This always
work and worked before I merged the new translations.

I can confirm that warm doc rebuilds did fail, but when you have new
translations they are _expected_ to fail.  Cold builds should work.

>> I'm re-running a make doc after a sudo make install,
>
> make install has nothing to do with a doc build.  There is
> absolutely no need for a lilypond contributor to run make install.

That's true, because the lilypond executable used to build the docs is
not that you have installed.

--
Francisco Vila. Badajoz (Spain)
www.paconet.org , www.csmbadajoz.com