RE: compiling error with 'unknown' directory 'cs'

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: compiling error with 'unknown' directory 'cs'
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 11:23:35 +0000

Hello,

)-----Original Message-----
)From: Phil Holmes [mailto:address@hidden
)Sent: 11 February 2011 10:35
)To: Colin Campbell; James Lowe
)Cc: address@hidden
)
)----- Original Message -----
)From: "Colin Campbell" <address@hidden>
)To: "James Lowe" <address@hidden>
)Cc: <address@hidden>
)Sent: Friday, February 11, 2011 5:57 AM
)
)> On 11-02-10 10:47 PM, James Lowe wrote:
)>> Hello
)>> ________________________________________
)>> From: Graham Percival address@hidden
)>> Sent: 10 February 2011 19:47
)>> To: James Lowe
)>> Cc: address@hidden
)>>
)>> On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 02:36:58PM +0000, James Lowe wrote:
)>>> I've just done a git pull from this morning and tried to do a 'make ;
)>>> make doc' and get an error
)>> You need to run
)>>    ../configure
)>> again, due to build system changes for new languages.  It's /just/
)>> possible that you might need to delete your build/ dir and start
)>> again, but running ../configure should be enough.
)>>
)>> ---
)>>
)>> Unfortunately it wasn't.
)>>
)>> I did also did a make clean ; make doc-clean and (even re-run
)configure)
)>> then started again, left it run overnight and it still failed..
)>>
)>> :(
)>>
)>> So now because I won't be able to do much until this evening at the
)>> earliest, I've just nuked my whole lilypond-git dir and completely
)>> started again from scratch and left it running. I might as well as I have
)>> nothing to lose now - shame, I would have liked to get that Titles patch
)>> done before the weekend.
)>>
)>> Has anyone else actually done a clean doc/web build since all those
)>> translations were merged?
)>>
)>> James
)>>
)>
)> As it happens, I've been having all *sorts* of fun trying to get a clean
)> local build of the docs so I can finish off those patches of Reinhold's.
)> I can build lily both from gub and directly from the command line in
)> lilypond-git.  Make doc has so far choked every time I've tried this week,
)> even after nuking lilypond-git and the .lilypond-fonts.cache-2.  I'm
)> re-running a make doc after a sudo make install, wondering about path
)> issues: it's working on snippets and announcing itself as 2.13.50 but even
)> with 6GB and -j3 I'll not see results 'til the morning.  I'll let you know
)> what happens, and I'll give it another try at the office in my VM
)> environment.
)>
)> 'Night all
)> Colin
)
)
)Same problem here did a git pull that seemed to download the whole
)source
)again and then doc builds were taking an age and then erroring.  I then
)saw
)James' post and Graham's advice to run  ../configure and once I'd done
)that
)got a clean build much faster.  Keeping my fingers crossed it'll still work
)this morning.

--

Do you use an out of tree build?

or build directly in the lilypond-git dir?

Thanks for everyone's help so far.

James