Re: guile 2.0.0 out

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: guile 2.0.0 out
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:08:29 -0800

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:04 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't see a need to support both guile 1.8.x and guile 2.0.x at
> the same time -- as far as I'm concerned, we can drop any
> guile-1.x-isms as soon as 2.15 begins.

Uh, I'm not sure what you mean here.  I have a patch queue with
(potential) fixes for LilyPond so that we can support both Guile 1.8
and 2.0.

I don't think it's wise to drop support for Guile 1.8, as long as the
Guile developers continue to fix backward-compatibility issues with
the 2.0 series, just like they have in the 1.9 series.

-Patrick