Re: pdfTex failure

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: pdfTex failure
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2011 22:07:54 +0000

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:47:17PM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:
> Graham (or any TeX wizard)
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That's not me, then!

> make doc was failing for me with
>
>  TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=5000].
>
> I hacked etc/texmf/texmf.cnf to increase save size,
> which allowed make doc to proceed, but what is the
> correct way to fix this?

Sorry, I can't reproduce in native ubuntu or in lilydev.  Can you
remember any other info about when you saw this?  Was this a doc
build from scratch, and if so, were you using lilydev 1.1 or
something else?  Or was this while building the docs on windows
with your shell scripts?