RE: pdfTex failure

From: James Lowe
Subject: RE: pdfTex failure
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 16:33:34 +0000

Hello

)-----Original Message-----
)From: address@hidden
)[mailto:address@hidden On
)Behalf Of Trevor Daniels
)Sent: 22 February 2011 16:27
)To: Graham Percival
)Cc: Lily-Devel List
)
)Graham, you wrote Sunday, February 20, 2011 10:07 PM
)
)> On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 11:47:17PM -0000, Trevor Daniels wrote:
)>
)>> make doc was failing for me with
)>>
)>>  TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [save size=5000].
)>>
)>> I hacked etc/texmf/texmf.cnf to increase save size, which allowed
)>> make doc to proceed, but what is the correct way to fix this?
)>
)> Sorry, I can't reproduce in native ubuntu or in lilydev.  Can you
)> remember any other info about when you saw this?  Was this a doc
)build
)> from scratch, and if so, were you using lilydev 1.1 or something else?
)> Or was this while building the docs on windows with your shell
)> scripts?
)
)Sorry, I should have been clearer.  This was in Ubuntu 9.10 running under
)VirtualBox in Vista.
)I don't use lilydev.
)
)The build was a doc build using make doc.  I think if was after doing make
)doc-clean, but it seemed pretty well independent of other things.
)
)After increasing save size to 10000 the doc build completed perfectly, so
)all is OK at the moment, but as I hacked a file which says "don't hack this"
)I guess it might revert back again after an update sometime in the future.
)
)What value do you have for save size in etc/texmf/texmf.cnf?
)

If it helps, I do use Lily-dev and my cnf file says

param_size = 10000       % simultaneous macro parameters
save_size = 50000        % for saving values outside current group
stack_size = 5000        % simultaneous input sources

James