Re: git rebase and gitk

From: Patrick McCarty
Subject: Re: git rebase and gitk
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 11:20:18 -0800

On Sun, Feb 27, 2011 at 7:00 AM, Graham Percival
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Mike,
>
> Could I introduce you to the wonders of git-rebase ?  In
> particular:
>  git rebase -i master^^^^^^
> (however many ^ you need to cover all your recent work)
> This lets you clean up your git history before pushing to master,
> thereby giving us a much less cluttered history.

This is an excellent suggestion.

It is worth noting that `git rebase' is a very powerful command, since
you can potentially rewrite all of git history with it.  So, in
general, be careful that you're not modifying commits that have
already been pushed to savannah.

Thanks,
Patrick