Re: git rebase and gitk

From: Reinhold Kainhofer
Subject: Re: git rebase and gitk
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2011 20:43:09 +0100

Am Sonntag, 27. Februar 2011, um 20:20:18 schrieb Patrick McCarty:

> It is worth noting that `git rebase' is a very powerful command, since

> you can potentially rewrite all of git history with it. So, in

> general, be careful that you're not modifying commits that have

> already been pushed to savannah.

That's why I don't use master^^^^, but rather

git rebase origin/master

git rebase -i origin/master

the first command makes shure that all your local patches are actually based on the latest lilypond code, while the second one lets you rewrite the history.

Cheers,

Reinhold

* http://www.fam.tuwien.ac.at/, DVR: 0005886