Re: Fix error messages in website build (issue4428077)

From: Graham Percival
Subject: Re: Fix error messages in website build (issue4428077)
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:07:24 +0100

On Sat, May 07, 2011 at 10:39:13AM +0100, Phil Holmes wrote:
> OK.  I'm not understanding how Rietveld works.  On my machine I have
> 2 separate patches.  The first is the one you responded LGTM to and
> I still have.  My aim was then to do some more work to get rid of
> the rest of the warning, building on the previous patch.  I did
> that, and fired it at Rietveld using git cl upload origin/master.
> Unexpectedly to me (since AFAICS it was brand new work) it appeared
> as patch 3 at http://codereview.appspot.com/4428077/.  I expected it
> to be a new review.

ah, I see.  To get it as a new issue, you'd have had to have done
  git cl issue 0

IIRC that isn't needed if the previous issue was closed, but you
need that if it's still open.

> That said, if anyone wants to review my earlier
> effort, can't they just review Patch 2 at
> http://codereview.appspot.com/4428077/ ?

Yes, but as a general rule of thumb, since we have so few people
willing to do any reviewing at all, I try to make it as easy as
possible for them.

> If we are OK with the initial patch, I can email it to someone to
> push, and we could then review the new patch?

well... ok.  Send me that second-draft patch, and I'll push it.
Then you can close that reitveld issue, and try another git cl
upload to see if it'll start a new issue automatically (as long as
the previous one is closed).