Re: Fix error messages in website build (issue4428077)

From: Trevor Daniels
Subject: Re: Fix error messages in website build (issue4428077)
Date: Sat, 7 May 2011 11:21:42 +0100

Phil Holmes wrote Saturday, May 07, 2011 10:39 AM

OK. I'm not understanding how Rietveld works. On my machine I have 2 separate patches. The first is the one you responded LGTM to and I still have. My aim was then to do some more work to get rid of the rest of the warning, building on the previous patch. I did that, and fired it at Rietveld using git cl upload origin/master. Unexpectedly to me (since AFAICS it was brand new work) it appeared as patch 3 at http://codereview.appspot.com/4428077/. I expected it to be a new review.

The Reitfeld number is based on the git branch active
when git-cl upload origin/master is called.  All commits
on that branch not in origin/master will be coalesced
into a single patch and uploaded to Reitveld.  If there
has been a previous upload from that branch a new patchset
is added to the previous ones.  To generate a new Reitfeld
issue you need to place the commits in a new git branch.

That said, if anyone wants to review my earlier effort, can't they just review Patch 2 at http://codereview.appspot.com/4428077/ ?

Yes, although general comments would need to be prefixed
to indicate which patch set was being referenced.

If we are OK with the initial patch, I can email it to someone to push, and we could then review the new patch?

Sure - I could do that for you.

Trevor