Re: Branches?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Branches?
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 16:43:38 +0200

Carl Sorensen <address@hidden> writes:

> On 5/23/11 5:46 AM, "David Kastrup" <address@hidden> wrote:
>

>> What happens where?  It appears like most work is done on
>> release/unstable, partly on release/2.14, but almost nothing on master.
>>
>> What is the strategy here?  When and how are changes expected to
>> percolate to master?  What is the difference between release/unstable
>> and release/2.14 with regard to what changes will end up in master when?
>
> As far as I know, we have master as the current development snapshot.
>
> We have stable/2.14 as the 2.14 candidate; patches are cherry-picked from
> master to stable/2.14.
>
> I don't think anything is officially happening with release/unstable and
> release/2.14

Well, perhaps I have been confused by the amount of stuff cherry-picked
into stable/2.14 (the source of the cherry-picks gets lost in the branch
graph), combined with a slowdown of development in master.  That makes
it appear like a lot more is happening in stable/2.14 when in fact it is
merely catching up with previous developments in master.